It had me crying with laughter, was surprisingly touching and inventive on a level that I’ve not seen for a long time. The voice casting was fantastic and there were so many moments that had me in stitches.
- ‘SPACESHIP’ Charlie Day’s shrieks of joy were a thing to behold.
- It was self aware enough, not too much to stifle the joy out of it but that added to the humour immensely.
- I won’t spoil it for anyone but the third act reveal was very touching and fed into the biggest laugh which was the final scene.
- Alison Brie as Unikitty was fantastic. Also just want to mention Charlie Day again because his character had me rolling.
- The level of detail was incredible, Beatles posters, movies, even the passengers in the cars. It looks like people went blind or insane making this and it’s worth every second.
- As corporate tie ins go, an oddly subversive message here, but at the same time, I just want to watch Liam Neeson do the Good Cop/Bad Cop thing again.
- Metalbeard. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as Superman and a clingy Green Lantern, Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman.